This year’s Iverk Show is building up to be one of the best ever. All we need now is a few prayers that the weather will be good. We look forward to welcoming you all for this the 193rd year since the first show in 1826
Here some reasons why you should not miss this year’s event.
- Great family day out. With the end of the summer and school holidays in sight this is the last opportunity for the perfect family day out. There is a lot for all the family – grandparents, parents, children, uncles, aunts and cousins – to see and to do.
- Meet your friends. Down through the years the Iverk Show has established a reputation as a great venue for renewing friendships. Visitors come ‘home’ from around the country and from abroad just to say hello and enjoy a cuppa with family and old school friends. So, if you are home from or a visitor from abroad please call in to the information stand and say hello.
- See the amazing displays. With over €90,000 in prize money available to exhibitors, it guarantees that the standard of exhibits in all sections will be excellent. Some of the leading producers of cattle, sheep and horse as well as the best growers of fruit, vegetables and flowers will also be there looking magnificent. The vintage cars and machinery will be shinning, the poultry marquee will be heaving with excitement, and the baking will be mouth-watering and the crafts stunning. Relax and watch the show jumping or fashion show. Enter the most appropriately lady competition or if you are under 18 months of age there’s a prize for you all in the bonny baby competition.
- Five All-Ireland finals. This year we will be hosting five all-Ireland championship finals. We are delighted to welcome as sponsors for the first time Knight Frank and AXA Insurance of the longest running championship the Broodmare and Foal final. The Kerry Bog Pony Mare championship will be back for the second year running. The Aldi, ABP Irish Angus bull calf championship will have three finals for different age calves.
- Kilkenny County Council Sustainable Environment Exhibit. The environment is so important that Iverk Show and Kilkenny County Council are teaming up to bring you the latest information in a special marquee. There will be talks and demonstrations and trade stands. The full programme can be found on our website iverkshow.ie.
- There is so much to learn as you go around the show. Don’t be afraid to ask exhibitors, judges or stewards. Everyone is willing to help.
- Free parking, children’s play area and all-day entertainment. The good news is that the parking remains free. There will be a special area for disabled parking. The children’s’ play area with the toy tractors rides is also free.
When you have been around the show and want to relax before going home you can sit and listen to music and watch the dancing.
Or if you have some energy left shout on your favourite tug-o-war team including a lady’s tug event or join the impromptu dancers as they go around the grounds.
So Piltown, Co Kilkenny is the place to be on Saturday the 24th August. See you there. Don’t miss it again this year.